Elk Grove County Park is where recreation meets high society and culture. For the sports-minded, the park offers softball, baseball and soccer fields, as well as horseshoe and volleyball courts and a swim center. For the hungry, several group picnic areas can be reserved and offer a shady retreat for a great picnic lunch. And, for the cultured, concerts, events and meetings take place often on Strauss Island (located in the middle of Elk Grove Park Lake) and in the Pavilion. Elk Grove County Park offers places to expand the muscles, stomach and mind alike.
- At Strauss Island, music lovers can enjoy the spectacular outdoor performances of the Strauss Festival held in July. Local radio stations have had concerts on Strauss Island, ranging from jazz and swing to hip-hop and modern rock.
How to Get There:
From Highway 99, take the Elk Grove Boulevard exit and head east. Make a right turn onto Elk Grove/Florin Road. The Park entrance is on the right, approximately ¾ mile from Elk Grove Boulevard.
View Elk Grove Regional Park Map
- Fields in the Henry Kloss Softball Complex, the Arvid Pauley (White) Diamond, the Blue, Green, Yellow, Grey, and Brown Ball fields are reservable through Elk Grove Community Services District.
- The swim center is open during the summer and is managed by Elk Grove Community Services District.
- Large groups can reserve picnic areas. Otherwise, areas are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The Pavilion is a popular site for weddings, meetings, and other gatherings where banquet kitchen facilities and a spacious meeting area are enhanced by a quiet park setting. Contact the Elk Grove Community Services District for reservations.
Hours and Fees:
The park is open year-round from sunrise to sunset and there are no park entrance fees.
Picnics Allowed: Yes
Learn more about parks in the Elk Grove area by visiting the
Elk Grove Regional Park and Your CSD.