Rossmoor Bar is a peninsula, bordered on three sides by the American River. Located in Rancho Cordova, this park provides easy access to the American River. Enjoy Rossmoor Bar’s rich history of providing enjoyment for human and animal visitors.
- This area has a long and colorful history and was one of the first areas to be populated in the Sacramento area by gold miners and farmers.
How to Get There:
From U.S. Highway 50, take the Sunrise Blvd. off-ramp, heading north. Turn left onto Coloma Road. Turn right on either El Manto or Rossmoor Drive to access the park.
View Rossmoor Park Map
- A special pedestrians-only trail leads to the river and back.
- Raft launching areas both above and below the Class-II San Juan Rapids allow inexperienced rafters and small watercraft paddlers to avoid this sometimes challenging area.
- Handsome clay banks provide anglers with nooks and eddy to fish in and a comfortable place to stow gear.
Hours and Fees:
The park is open year-round from sunrise to sunset. Parking fees are
collected year-round, even on special event days and on weekends.
Special Event fees vary by event. Self-payment is required if no fee
collector is present.
- $5 Vehicle
- $3 Small Watercraft Launch Fee
- $10 Vehicle + Trailer or Oversized Vehicle (over 22 feet)
- $20 Bus
- Vehicle fees increase over Summer Holiday Weekends.
Picnics Allowed: Yes
Not at this time