Guidelines for Reserving Picnic Sites:
- Reservations are taken January through December.
- Reservations can be made for any day of the week, however no reservations are booked for major holiday weekends.
- Reservations can be made for Discovery Park, William Pond Recreation Area, Ancil Hoffman Park, Mather Lake Regional Park, Gibson Ranch Regional Park, River Bend Park and Herald Park.
- Online Calendar to Make/Check Reservations
- Picnic Site Reservation Request Form
- Reservations are required for groups over 40.
- Reservation fees range from $125-$250, depending upon the location.
- All vehicles entering parks are subject to entry fees of $5- (You can make arrangements in advance to pay for your guests' parking with post payment parking).
- Sound permits are required to use a public address system, disc jockey or band. An amplified sound permit is $25.
- Bounce houses are only allowed with a reservation and there is an additional bounce house permit fee of $25 and we also require proof of insurance from the bounce house company listing County of Sacramento as additionally insured.
- Sorry, no dunk tanks, water games or water inflatables are allowed.
Which Parks Offer Picnic Sites That Can Be Reserved in Advance?
Online Calendar to Make/Check Reservations
Additional "Add-On" Permits
Alcohol Permit and Alcohol Guidelines